May 2, 2012

Just a little jog around Toronto

Hello Blogger-verse!

At this moment, I am currently sitting at my gate in Vancouver to fly off to Toronto. You heard it! are you just as shocked as I am with how fast this year is going?? Wow! Anyway, I am stocked up with multiple running magazines and fitness magazines (whats new?) As I was talking about on twitter yesterday, I have been super paranoid about my packing. I checked my suitcase and carry on 3 times. Had to make sure my essentials were there! Garmin, racing flats, body glide, compression gear, sports bra, socks, race day outfit and sunglasses.

Now, can you guess what has been on my mind since Sunday.. actually since I officially registered forever..RACE FLIPPIN' DAY. Yep. That is happening in just over 3 days?! Seriously cannot believe training and everything is basically done and the big day is here. As I have said in blogs and videos, THESE are the weekends I absolutely live for.

So the plans for the trip go as follows. I get in to Toronto around 5 pm tonight and I will be meeting the lovely Truly Jess for dinner. My goal tonight is to go to bed and get over silly Jet lag!! Tomorrow, I will go for a little jog and walk around to get my barrings. See what the streets will be like, the air I will be dealing with, the types of terrain and the types of stores around what not ;). Friday I plan to pick up my race kit! I cannot wait, seriously love the expo! My Mom will be flying in Friday as well. Saturday I hope to get a bit of shopping done as well :) Just a little lookyloo. Try not to walk around too much, then we will go for dinner with some family friends. Sunday (eep) RACE DAY!! aka run forever then sleep it off in my hotel room until dinner. Monday my Mom flies out so I will see the lovely Jess again and I fly out Tuesday afternoon.

Jam packed week if you ask me!! Really cannot wait! I have the taper mind going on. Where you worry if you trained enough, worry if you are totally ready for this, plan what will happen on the big day, get the butterflies of nervousness yet excitement of race day. I know I am ready for this, I have my goals set, now watch yo' self Toronto...I am coming for you!

My Dad and I looked over the route yesterday, he knows Toronto much better then I so he would tell me a bit about elevation on some roads and what not. When we first opened the route he went "Wow, this is a big map" ... "yes dad, I will be running 26.2 miles...again." I think it has worn off how crazy his daughter is :P. This will be marathon number 5 after all! I looked at photos last night from 2009 and it reminded me where I have come from. Looking at the unhealthy, overweight photos of myself can still be a little shocking. Honestly, I never thought that I would lose the weight, lose the negative attitude and self doubt. I never thought I would achieve what I have done. I guess Justin Bieber had it right..."never say never" ;).

Sunday morning at 7:30 am, the race will begin and I hope to break 4 hours for the first time. I have put in the work and the time. Now I just need to be smart the next few days with clean eating and hydration, and be smart on race day. Eeep!

For all my friends out there preparing for other races world wide, I wish you tons of luck. Trust in your training, eat well and enjoy the experience (as much as you can :P). I send happy running vibes your way!!

Hope you all are healthy and happy and thank you all so much for the constant support I receive via the blog, YouTube, twitter, facebook, email or otherwise. Means so much! xo love you all!

No comments: