May 18, 2012

Pumpkin Protein Pancake

Hey everyone!

I have been playing about with a pumpkin recipe I found a week ago. The original recipe called for a whole egg but I found the 1/4 cup egg whites made the batter a proper texture. I am working with Gold standard whey protein at the moment so I have found it takes a different amount of liquid to create the texture I want. So you may have to play around with the texture a little as well to find what you like.

I love the pumpkin pancake at the moment, the smell reminds me of pumpkin pie and HEY, I love pumpkin pie! :P Definitely a perfect fall recipe. Hope you enjoy :).

Ingredients:

2 table spoon Pure pumpkin
1/4 cup egg whites
half a banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
(optional) chocolate chia
(optional) 1 tablespoon of your favorite nut butter or agave nectar


1.) First, mash up half of the banana in a bowl and add your pumpkin, Vanilla protein powder, ground flax seed, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

2.) Mix in the egg whites and stir well. The batter should form a pancake like batter as shown here. 



3.) I made my breakfast into one pancake (which made it tough to flip). I would suggest making it into two smaller pancakes. You don’t want the pancake to be too thick so that the middle of it does not cook!

4.) Top it up! I love Ruth’s chocolate chia (to get all the chia benefits!) with a little bit of nut butter. But you could top it with agave, maple syrup or what ever you like! Be creative!



Let me know if you give this a try! Also I am hoping to make more posts weekly. Are there any other things you guys would like to see? let me know!




No comments: