Jan 29, 2012

Chocolate Protein Pancake Recipe

 The protein pancake. Y'all have been askin' me about this so here it is. The pictures are showing you my favourite chocolate protein pancake. I will talk about different toppings I use too!

Ingredients: 
-1/4 cup of egg whites
-servings of chocolate protein powder
-1/2 a mashed banana
-optional: flax seed ground, or psyellium husk (for extra fibre ;))

1. Mash up half of the banana in a bowl, add protein (flax or psyellium husk if you want) and the egg whites and mix.


2. Cook like a regular pancake on a greased pan.

3. Top with whatever you want. Some of my favourites:
-Dark chocolate peanut butter or regular peanut butter
- pure maple syrup
- chia seeds
- flax seed
-bananas
-frozen berries (warmed up in a sauce pan)
 - agave
-PB and Jam
- nutmeg and cinnamon
-greek yogurt and honey

Et voila!


Chocolate pancake with dark chocolate peanut butter to melt over top, with chia seeds and half a banana sliced over top.

I will try to get my other variations up this week as well! This ones a fave, especially on days of THAT time of the month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. Is that weight watchers protein powder? I haven't seen that before?! x

Jennifer said...

Yes! In Canada we sell "smoothies" by WW which are essentially protein powder. You can only buy them in the meetings though, not in grocery stores!

Marnie/Marz/PlayerVSHobbies said...

Awesome! Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try that one out soon.