Jan 30, 2012

Vanilla Blueberry Protein Pancake


So now I present to you, the Vanilla Blueberry pancake. I have been experimenting with brown rice protein powder and I'll be honest, SO not a fan. But I am trying to use it up because I hate wasting things!

Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup egg whites (2 egg whites)
- half a mashed banana
- serving of vanilla protein
-1/4 cup frozen blueberries

Possible substitutions for the blueberries:
- frozen strawberries, raspberries
-pineapple
-mango
-peaches
-coconut

1. In a bowl, mash up the banana half. Add in the egg whites, protein powder and blueberries. Sometimes mixing all the ingredients with the blueberries will cause BLUE PANCAKES, but thats okay. You can also mix then add the berries in afterwards.

2. Cook as you would a regular pancake.

3. Top it up!! I topped mine up with the other half of my banana cut up and a table spoon of maple syrup. (I also did a total pancake flip FAIL, which is okay. It is still yummy if you scramble it up!)

No comments: