Jan 30, 2012

Sunday 16 km Run

I totally forgot to blog my day yesterday! Anyway here is my running update along with the food I ate.

Run Update
So we were scheduled for 16 km. I looked on my iPhone for the weather and it looked like it was going to be a dry overcast day at 8 degrees Celsius. Nope. It was certainly not dry. So I had only worn my running crops with my Nike short sleeve shirt. Oh well! I am very warm generally so it didn't really phase me much. I am going to show you my weekly running update, but since I am updating from campus I do not have my Garmin and will be getting my approximate stats off of my dailymile.

So my weekly running update:

Tuesday
Distance: 9.1 km
Time: 51 minutes
Pace: 5:35 /km


Thursday
Distance: 8.08 km
Time: 47 minutes
Pace: 5:47/ km


Friday
Distance: 9.7 km
Time: 53 minutes
Pace: 5:30/ km

Sunday
Distance: 16 km
Time: 1:36:00
Pace: 5:58/ km


Generally I aim for a minimum of 4 runs a week during marathon training. I will probably bump up to at least 5 in the next month or so. It works for me better if I do about 5-6 runs. I also want to start incorporating more drills on my own, since I cannot make the run clinic drill nights. Want to get my speed up for Toronto in May.

Food Update
Started my morning with a protein pancake. Topped it with chia seeds, half a banana and dark chocolate peanut butter. Little more substantial pancake then my usual breakfast as I am running about 9 miles. Also, peanut butter and banana is ALWAYS part of my running breakfast.

I packed some Maui Gold canned pineapple sprinkled with cinnamon for my snack after my run.


I got home STARVING. It was almost noon. So I had a long hot shower and got in my comfy (wumfy ;) ) Pajamas, compression socks, sweat shirt and hit the kitchen. I was chilly and felt soup was a good idea. I made Matt and I tomato soup (made with a little almond milk). I made him grilled cheese and made myself two slices of toast with becel. Hit the spot!

I worked on some house work, including fighting with the laundry machine. Totally wasted money and had to run it through two cycles. I can't wait to live in a place with en suit laundry. Seriously. I prepped for my meeting and snacked on a little popcorn which I totally forgot to take a photo of. I also had a cup of honey bee tea from DAVIDStea. So yum!

The meeting went well! It is slowly growing which I love seeing! (while the members shrink of course! ;)) Luckily I had prepped dinner and had it reading in the fridge just to put on the stove. I made a teriyaki chicken and stir fry. The stir fry is about 2 points a serving but I did split it with Matt and myself. So good.


When we were at Costco the other day we picked up some sorbet. I think it is so cute because each serving comes packaged in a fruit peel or shell. Flavors ranging between 2 and 3 points. Not too shabby. I had a 2 point lemon sorbet.

Matt is off sailing again but at least he will be home in a few days so it isn't too bad. I am going to hit up the gym after class. Hope everyone is well!! :)

No comments: