Feb 5, 2012

16 km lochside trail run

Okay so todays blog will be a shorty. I have had a tough day and last few weeks and honestly do not have the energy. Sorry guys!

So today we went out to lochside trail to run an out and back 16 km route. We went out past maddicks farm and back. We went out for the first half at our LSD (long slow distance) run pace (about 6:00/km) and came back with a race pace. I honeslty felt the group was going faster then I planned to for the last half so I kinda stuck to my own thing for the 3rd quarter of it, then the group slowed down to about my pace (5:30/km). I could not keep a 5:05/ km for the last 8 with how sore my hips and knees felt.

So to summarize:

Distance: 16 km
Time: 1:33:55
Pace: 5:52
Calories: 730 calories

It was a bit chilly out but after running for 5 min it was okay. Beautiful weather nonetheless.

Sorry for the real short blog today guys, have so much going on this week I just couldn't take the time to upload pics and stuff.

1 comment:

Barefoot Jax said...

Sorry to hear things are hard at the moment for you. Awww, sending hugs. Don't forget to use your foam roller ;) Hope life starts settling down for you soon. Just think, soon summer will be here, the sun will warm our hearts and souls and things will feel better. xoxox