Mar 29, 2012

Zip lining!


Before our adventure.
So as many of you guys know, last Saturday Matt and I hit up AdreneLine up in Sooke, B.C.! SO much fun!! I am a fan of adventure and heights don't frighten me too badly. The course included 10 zip lines, the longest one being 1000 ft long and 150 ft high. I have Zip lined before but only for a short course years ago!

I was hoping there would be more climbing and hiking involved. However, they had us hop on the ATV to drive up to the top of the course.

After the first line
We wore the harnesses of course and the sweat helmets. The last time I wore a harness was when I was about 30 lbs heavier, and man it felt good. As silly as this sounds I was happy to note that I felt confident that my wobbly bits around my body were not hanging over any of the straps like they used to and that the line did not dip as low as it would have before. NON SCALE VICTORY! Ha.


Matt had a Groupon for this place and Saturday was BEAUTIFUL, so we decided to just go through with it. The Groupon included a year membership (with discounts and perks) and also included 2 free appetizers at the 17 mile pub for after the trip. Which we hit up after. Being a pub, it was hard to make a decent choice health wise. We had nachos (The biggest nachos I have ever seen!!) and chicken strips with fries. We barely made a dent to say the least and my tummy was NOT a happy camper. But I moved on and made healthy choices after that "treat" meal.

Aw how cute.
 We packed up and got on the long scenic way home, as there was a ton of construction that caused a lot of back up. It was a beautiful and exciting date day! I was exhausted after from the heavy food and the adrenalin rush but decided to brew a cup of coffee once I got home so I could get some activity in. Went out for a slight run around the neighborhood, and my belly was not pleased with me (can you say side cramps!).
Unfortunately got to learn the hard way, nachos, chicken strips and fries are not key running fuel for a 32 km run the next day. Was not a fun time!





Have you ever tried Zip lining or would you try? What is something new you have done lately?

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

I would love to zip line someday! I did go hot air ballooning, from the top of the Rockies (10,000 feet). Great pictures!